Rowley in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Rowley Burial Ground
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 42.867′ N, 70° 52.828′ W. Marker is in Rowley, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Main Street (Alternate Massachusetts Route 1), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. This marker is located on the main road right in front of the burial ground itself which is immediately before the Rowley Town Hall. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 Main Street, Rowley MA 01969, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rowley Massachusetts World War II Honor Roll (within shouting distance of this marker); Rowley Massachusetts Korean War Honor Roll Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Rowley Massachusetts Viet Nam Honor Roll Memorial Rowley Massachusetts Revolutionary War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Rowley Massachusetts World War I Honor Roll (within shouting distance of this marker); Rowley Massachusetts Civil War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); First Fulling Mill (approx. 2 miles away); Newbury (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rowley.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on October 7, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Additional keywords. Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 6, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 642 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 6, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.