Marblehead in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Agnes Surriage Well
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 30.598′ N, 70° 50.726′ W. Marker is in Marblehead, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Orne Street and Fountain Inn Lane, on the right when traveling north on Orne Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marblehead MA 01945, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Burial Hill (within shouting distance of this marker); Bailey's Head (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Sewall (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Sewall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Sewall Site Plan (approx. 0.2 miles Fort Sewall (approx. ¼ mile away); Gen. Casimir Pulaski (approx. ¼ mile away); Huzzah! for "Old Ironsides" (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marblehead.
Also see . . .
1. Myths and Legends of Our Own Land, Agnes Surriage. (Submitted on October 5, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 21, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 736 times since then. Last updated on October 7, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 5, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.