Newburyport in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 49.003′ N, 70° 53.297′ W. Marker is in Newburyport, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on High Street (Massachusetts Route 113), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 267 High Street, Newburyport MA 01950, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Large Packet Ship Dreadnought (approx. half a mile away); Approach to Carr's Ferry (approx. half a mile away); Soldiers and Sailors of Newburyport 1861-1864 (approx. 0.7 miles away); “The Volunteer” (approx. 0.7 miles away); Soldiers of All Wars Marker (approx. 0.7 miles away); William Lloyd Garrison (approx. 0.9 miles away); Watts' Cellar (approx. one mile away); Coast Guard Bicentennial Marker (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newburyport.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on October 14, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 713 times since then and 56 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.