Salem in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Feb. 26, 1775
Location. 42° 31.57′ N, 70° 54.022′ W. Marker is in Salem, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on North Street (Massachusetts Route 114). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 96 North Street, Salem MA 01970, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Armed Resistance (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Witch Gaol (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lyceum Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Town House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The First Meeting House Erected in Salem (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saint Peter's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Peabody Museum of Salem (approx. half a mile away); Essex County Armed Services Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salem.
More about this marker. As is plainly obvious, the story of Leslie's Retreat has been used as a commercial handle for a restaurant at this location.
Related marker. another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . .
1. Leslie's Retreat - Salem, MA, 1775. Here's another story of Leslie's Retreat. (Submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts.)
2. More to the story: Col. Alexander Leslie’s Retreat. Another impartial look at the story of Leslie's retreat. (Submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts.)
3. The business "Leslie's Retreat" story they provide. It is a cute treatment of the story. I doubt it should be referenced as any authority of the history but it does provide a "rounding out" of the views on it. (Submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Leslie's Retreat.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 848 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.