Lowell in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 39.313′ N, 71° 23.685′ W. Marker is in Lowell, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Pawtucket Blvd and Island Road on Pawtucket Blvd. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tyngsboro MA 01879, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mansion House (approx. ¾ mile away); Chelmsford (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Great Gate (approx. 3.4 miles away); Dunstable (approx. 3.4 miles away); "Francis’ Folly" (approx. 3.4 miles away); Suffolk Mill (approx. 4 miles away); Blending Old and New (approx. 4 miles away); Keepers of the Gate (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lowell.
More about this marker. Marker is located at the corner of Pawtucket Blvd. & Island Road in Tyngsboro, MA.
Also see . . . Historical markers erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
1. Location of marker
The Massachusetts Tercentenary Commission in 1930 listed this marker as being located in Lowell, MA, while the actual location is just over the city line in in Tygsboro, MA.
— Submitted May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 686 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.