Latrobe in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1946 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 16.957′ N, 79° 24.962′ W. Marker is in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Lincoln Highway (U.S. 30) and St. Xavier Road, on the right when traveling east on Lincoln Highway. Touch for map. Located just west of entrance to St. Xavier's Sisters of Mercy Farmlands and Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Latrobe PA 15650, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Vincent (approx. one mile away); Right Reverend Boniface Wimmer, O.S. B. (approx. 1.1 miles away); Site of Sportsman's Hall Log Cabin (approx. 1.1 miles away); Twelve Mile Camp (approx. 1.1 miles away); William Findley (approx. 2.7 miles away); Fred McFeely Rogers (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Banana Split (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Johnson House at Kingston (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Latrobe.
Also see . . . St. Xavier's - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on October 9, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
1. Marker moved
The marker has been moved to the entrance of Saint Xavier's on US 30.
— Submitted January 4, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,027 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 9, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on January 4, 2015.