Saugus in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 28.242′ N, 71° 0.665′ W. Marker is in Saugus, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Appleton Street ¼ mile west of Central Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saugus MA 01906, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Iron Works (was approx. 0.2 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Making Iron (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Casting House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Forge (approx. 0.2 miles away); River Basin Terminus (approx. Blacksmith Shop (approx. ¼ mile away); Saugus Vietnam Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saugus Korea/Vietnam Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saugus.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on October 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for Appleton's Pulpit.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 504 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.