Dedham in Norfolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 14.875′ N, 71° 10.335′ W. Marker is in Dedham, Massachusetts, in Norfolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Eastern Avenue and High Street, on the right when traveling north on Eastern Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dedham MA 02026, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fairbanks House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Powder House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dedham Boat Club (approx. 0.4 miles away); 54th Infantry - 55th Infantry - 5th Cavalry (approx. 2.2 miles away); Boston Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Boston Civil War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ponkapoag Plantation (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dedham.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on August 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 469 times since then. Last updated on October 11, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on August 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.