Newbury in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Landing Place of First Settlers
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 46.01′ N, 70° 50.742′ W. Marker is in Newbury, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on High Road (Alternate Massachusetts Route 1), on the left. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 264 High Road, Newbury MA 01951, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Newbury (approx. 1.2 miles away); a different marker also named Newbury (approx. 2.6 miles away); Dalton House (approx. 3.1 miles away); Bombshell (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Bartlet Mall (approx. 3.2 miles away); Within Lie Buried (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Memory of the Officers and Men (approx. 3.2 miles away); First Fulling Mill (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newbury.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Exploration • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 823 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on October 12, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 9, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.