Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Round Rock in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Old Broom Factory Building

 
 
Old Broom Factory Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Old Broom Factory Building Marker
Inscription. Erected in 1876. Victorian-style building has ashlar-cut limestone front with stepped parapet and keystone arches. During prosperous railroad era, housed Round Rock Broom Company (1887?-1912), an important local business. (Broom made here won a gold medal at St. Louis World's Fair, 1904.) Building also housed general store, furniture store, school, skating rink, and car repair shop. Roger Burleson, owner, preserved structure, 1969.
 
Erected 1970 by the Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9035.)
 
Location. 30° 30.526′ N, 97° 40.722′ W. Marker is in Round Rock, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Avenue and North Mayes Street on East Main Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 East Main Avenue, Round Rock TX 78664, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Otto Reinke Building (a few steps from this marker); Sam Bass' Death Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Commercial Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andrew J. Palm House (about 500 feet away); Nelson-Crier House
Old Broom Factory Building image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. Old Broom Factory Building
Building on the left.
(approx. 0.2 miles away); A. J. and Carolina Anderson House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Olson House (approx. half a mile away); The Pioneer Builders (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Round Rock.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,517 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 19, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement