Acton in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 27.55′ N, 71° 27.214′ W. Marker is in Acton, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on High Street (Massachusetts Route 27) just from Main Street (Local Route .01), on the right. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Acton MA 01720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Thomas Wheeler House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Stow (approx. 2.4 miles away); Henderson Inches Sawmill (approx. 2.7 miles away); House and Farm of Colonel James Barrett (approx. 3.8 miles away); Acton Minutemen (approx. 4.7 miles away); Captain David Brown House Site (approx. 5.1 miles away); The Road to Colonel Barrett’s (approx. 5.2 miles away); a different marker also named Acton Minutemen (approx. 5.2 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 28, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Acton Historical Society. The objectives of the Acton Historical Society are to discover, preserve and perpetuate facts and artifacts concerned with local history, and to make them available to all interested parties. The intention of these objectives is to conserve our heritage by creating an interest in them. Membership in the Acton Historical Society implies support for these objectives. (Submitted on November 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 27, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 566 times since then. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on June 27, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.