Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The property was purchased by Thomas S. Maull in 1836. The house was expanded with the addition of the present rear wing circa 1890, and it remained in the possession of the Maull family until 1957. It was obtained by the Colonel David Hall Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, in 1962. The Maull House was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.
Erected 2000 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC- 138.)
Location. 38° 46.889′ N, 75° 9.226′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Pilottown Road near Harborview Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home of Major Henry Fisher (approx. 0.2 miles away); deVries Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); The De Vries Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hiram Rodney Burton House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Life Saving Station (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lightship Overfalls (approx. 0.7 miles away); Overfalls Lightship (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Blizzard of 1888 (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Regarding Maull House. National Register of Historic Places:
Maull House (added 1970 - - #70000175)
Also known as The Thomas Maull House
542 Pilottown Rd. , Lewes
♦ Historic Significance: Information Potential, Architecture/Engineering
♦ Area of Significance: Historic - Non-Aboriginal, Architecture
♦ Period of Significance: 1700-1749
♦ Historic Function: Domestic
♦ Current Sub-function: Museum
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 29, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 435 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 10, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.