Bloomington in Hennepin County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Samuel W. and Gideon H. Pond
To honor Samuel W. and Gideon H. Pond
Volunteer missionaries to the Dakotas who arrived at Ft. Snelling May 6, 1834.
This tablet is placed on the house built in 1856 by Gideon H. Pond. Near-by is the site of the old mission house built of logs in 1843.
Placed June 1934 by Keewaydin Chapter D. A. R.
Erected 1934 by Keewaydin Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 44° 48.796′ N, 93° 16.281′ W. Marker is in Bloomington, Minnesota, in Hennepin County. Marker can be reached from East 104th Street east of Clinton Avenue South, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in Pond-Dakota Mission Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 East 104th Street, Minneapolis MN 55420, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civil War Monument ( approx. 0.9 miles away); Bloomington Town Hall ( approx. 1.9 miles away); Fallen Heroes Memorial ( approx. 2.6 miles away); Rodney J. Putz 1st Infantry Division ( approx. 4.4 miles away); Richfield Pioneer Homestead ( approx. 4.5 miles away); Camp Savage ( approx. 4.6 miles away); The Honoring All Veterans Memorial ( approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bloomington.
Also see . . . Pond-Dakota Mission Park. (Submitted on January 22, 2008.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 2,417 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on January 22, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.