Piney Grove in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Providence United Methodist Church
Following the closure of Rogers School in 1932, the congregation acquired the vacant building for use as a Community Hall. Constructed in 1904 to replace the earlier structure where the congregation had once met, the building was moved to its present location in 1933.
Erected 2004 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC - 130.)
Location. 38° 38.054′ N, 75° 23.239′ W. Marker is in Piney Grove, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Shortly Road (County Road 431), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located between West Piney Grove Road (County Road 329) and Huffman Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown DE 19947, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Bethesda Methodist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Delaware Confederate War Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Godwin's School - District #190 (approx. 3.2 miles away); Wesley M.E. Chapel Cemetery (approx. 3.7 miles away); General Alfred T.A. Torbert (approx. 3.7 miles away); Georgetown Fire Company (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Judges (approx. 3.8 miles away); George Alfred Townsend Birthplace (approx. 3.8 miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 1, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 301 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 16, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.