La compagnie K.T.M.
Built in 1899, this warehouse was taken over by the Klondike Thawing Machine Company 1n 1913. The growing hardware company was it the process of buying out other firms and expanding its line of goods even as Klondike gold claims were being consolidated by larger mining companies. The warehouse was necessary to store the company’s varied merchandise stock because for 8 months of the year it was cut off from “outside’ sources of supply.
Construit en 1899, cet entrepôt a été acquis par la Klondike Thawing Machine Company en 1913. Cette quincaillerie en expansion s’occupait alors d’acquérir d’autres entreprises et d’élargir sa gamme de produits pendant que les grandes compagnies minières regroupaient les concessions minières du Klondike. La quincaillerie avait besoin de cet entrepôt pour conserver ses diverses marchandises, car pendant huit mois, elle était coupée de ses sources d’approvisionnement :”extérieures”.
Photo: Yukon Archives/Martha Black Collection
Archives du Yukon/Collection Martha Black
Location. 64° 3.666′ N, 139° 25.992′ W. Marker is in Dawson City, Yukon Territory. Marker is on Third Avenue. Touch for map. This marker is located on Third Avenue, between Queen and Princess Streets.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harrington’s Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Ruby’s Place/La maison de Ruby (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Billy Bigg’s Blacksmith Shop (about 90 meters away); Bank of British North America/La Bank of British North America (about 120 meters away); Arctic Brotherhood Hall (about 120 meters away); Dawson Daily News (about 120 meters away); Tribute to the Miner (about 210 meters away); 3rd Avenue Complex (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson City.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 468 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 8, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.