Dublin in Laurens County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 087-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 32.417′ N, 82° 54.258′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Georgia, in Laurens County. Marker is at the intersection of East Jackson Street (U.S. 80) and North Jefferson Street (Business U.S. 441), on the right when traveling west on East Jackson Street. Touch for map. The marker stands in a traffic island across the westbound lane of East Jackson Street adjoining the Laurens County Courthouse. Marker is at or
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Hardy Smith House (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vallombrosa Plantation of Governor George Michael Troup (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Oconee Electric Membership Corporation (approx. 9.8 miles away); Johnson County (approx. 17 miles away); Confederate Memorial (approx. 17 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 17 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dublin.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 15, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 405 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 15, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.