West Chester in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
- 1788 -
Originally “Turk’s – Head”
Renamed for Chester
Erected by Early Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
Location. 39° 58.181′ N, 75° 36.113′ W. Marker is in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on East Marshall Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19380, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bayard Rustin (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Lafayette (approx. 0.3 miles away); 97th Regiment of Pennsylvania Volunteers Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Marshall Square Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Marquis De LaFayette (approx. 0.4 miles away); David Townsend House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Garden of Honor (approx. half a mile away); Simon Barnard Row (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Chester.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. .
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 419 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 18, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on December 12, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.