Scituate in Plymouth County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Early Boundary Line
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 13.365′ N, 70° 47.351′ W. Marker is in Scituate, Massachusetts, in Plymouth County. Marker is on Country Way 0.1 miles south of Mordecal Lincoln Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scituate MA 02066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gannett’s Corner (approx. 0.3 miles away); Minot's Ledge Lighthouse (approx. 1.1 miles away); Antoine and Wilson Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Cudworth House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Williams-Barker House (approx. 3˝ miles away); The Old Oaken Bucket (approx. 3˝ miles away); First Training Field (approx. 3.7 miles away); Site of Stockbridge Mansion (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scituate.
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930) (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Scituate Historical Society. The purpose of the society is to promote the study of local history and to preserve the antiquities of Scituate and those municipalities that were anciently a part of our town. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 509 times since then and 8 times this year. Last updated on November 18, 2011, by Betty Miessner of Scituate, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.