Macon in Bibb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Colonial Trading Path
Erected 1984 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 011-7.)
Marker series. This Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 48.864′ N, 83° 43.951′ W. Marker is in Macon, Georgia, in Bibb County. Marker is on College Station Drive 0 miles south of Columbus Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is at the traffic circle on College Station Drive, just south of the Columbus Road (north) entrance to Macon State College. Marker is in this post office area: Macon GA 31206, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Bartram Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate States Central Laboratory (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ballard-Hudson Senior High School (approx. 4.3 miles away); a different marker also named Ballard-Hudson Senior High School (approx. 4.3 miles away); Mercer University (approx. 5.1 miles away); Vineville United Methodist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); St. Peter Claver Catholic Church and School (approx. 5.2 miles away); Site: Wesleyan College (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
More about this marker. A marker of this title and similar text was erected in about 1957 on Montpelier Avenue, then U.S. Highway 80, at Linden Avenue near the Mercer University
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 611 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 18, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.