Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
County Named, 1780
Erected 1964 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 774.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 31.774′ N, 84° 39.669′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Business U.S. 150) and 3rd Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the southeast corner of the Courthouse lawn. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lincoln County (a few steps from this marker); Cherokees in Kentucky (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilderness Road - Loganís Station (within Kentucky's Oldest Main Street (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); History Written in Departures & Arrivals (about 700 feet away); Baughman Mill (about 800 feet away); Earliest Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stanford Female College (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanford.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 252 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on July 13, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.