Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Logan's Station or St. Asaph
Erected by Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 56.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 31.814′ N, 84° 40.055′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Danville Street (Business U.S. 150) and Water Street (or Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd), on the left when traveling north on Danville Street. Touch for map. Original site of the old fort can be found traveling west on Water Street (Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd) Name of the street had just been changed from Water Street, but many maps still list Water Street. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Earliest Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wilderness Road - Loganís Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); County Named, 1780 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ottenheim Pleasant Retreat (approx. 7.3 miles away); PFC William B. Baugh, USMC / Medal of Honor Winner (approx. 7.5 miles away); McKinney's Fort (approx. 7.6 miles away); Buford-Salter House (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanford.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 404 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.