Culver City in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
American Legion Building
The American Legion Post #46 clubhouse was dedicated on August 9, 1930. Contractor Don S. Ely erected the building on this site over the first swimming pool in the area, on land donated for this purpose by Harry H. Culver. The structure was restored by new owner, Brotman Medical Center, and re-opened in 1984.
Erected 1985 by Culver City Historical Society. (Marker Number 5.)
Location. 34° 1.371′ N, 118° 23.9′ W. Marker is in Culver City, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Hughes Avenue south of Venica Boulevard, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3824 Hughes Avenue, Culver City CA 90232, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Culver City (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Hull Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Augustine's Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Main Street The Citizen Publishing Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Culver Studios (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ivy Substation (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dr. Paul Carlson Memorial Park (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Culver City.
Also see . . . Legion Building Going on 80. A Culver City News article by Julie Lugo Cerra and published on July 22, 2010 reports on the Legion Building. (Submitted on November 30, 2011.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 504 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.