Covington in Newton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Covington City School
1889 – 1957
Erected 1996 by Newton County Historical Society Landmark Committee. (Marker Number 17.)
Location. 33° 35.75′ N, 83° 51.433′ W. Marker is in Covington, Georgia, in Newton County. Marker is on College Avenue SE 0 miles east of Oak Street SE, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is located in a park, 50 feet off the road in a group of rocks. Marker is in this post office area: Covington GA 30014, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City Hall (here, next to this marker); The Female College (here, next to this marker); Lucius Q. C. Lamar (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); To The Confederate Dead of Newton County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Covington Square (approx. 0.2 miles away); Newton County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Confederate Dead & Hospitals (approx. ¼ mile away); The Capture of Covington (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 414 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.