St. Clairsville in Belmont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Milestone Marks where Extension of National Road...
where extension of
west of Ohio River
was started July 4, 1825.
Stone relocated 1964
Erected 1964 by St. Clairsville Rotary Club.
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Historic National Road marker series.
Location. 40° 4.83′ N, 80° 54.043′ W. Marker is in St. Clairsville, Ohio, in Belmont County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 40) and South Market Street on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Clairsville OH 43950, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Belmont County Revolutionary War Veterans (a few steps from this marker); Medal of Honor Recipients of Belmont County (a few steps from this marker); Belmont County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Governor Arthur St. Clair 1734-1818 (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of Benjamin Lundy (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Benjamin Lundy Champion of Freedom In Honor of Sgt. Sylvester Antolak US Army (approx. 1.1 miles away); Blaine Hill "S" Bridge / Blaine Hill Viaduct (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Clairsville.
Also see . . .
1. National Road - Ohio History Central. (Submitted on March 31, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
2. St. Clairsville - Ohio History Central. (Submitted on March 31, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 27, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,593 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 27, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 5, 6. submitted on June 15, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.