Charleston in Kanawha County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1974 by West Virginia Department of Archives and History.
Location. 38° 20.657′ N, 81° 37.965′ W. Marker is in Charleston, West Virginia, in Kanawha County. Marker is on Kanawha Blvd E just east of Brooks Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Along the banks of the Kanawha River. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1201-1237 Kanawha Blvd E, Charleston WV 25301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Clendenin (within shouting distance of this marker); First Gas Well (within shouting distance of this marker); William Blizzard (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of Charleston (approx. ¼ mile away); The Block (approx. 0.4 miles away); State Capitol (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named The Block (approx. 0.6 miles away); Military Occupation (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charleston.
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 12, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 497 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 12, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.