Georgetown in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Penna - Virginia Boundary
Erected by Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Beaver County (PA) Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation marker series.
Location. 40° 38.343′ N, 80° 30.105′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Marker is at the intersection of Scott Street and 3rd Street, on the right when traveling south on Scott Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown PA 15043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saint Luke's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Georgetown (approx. ¼ mile away); Smiths Ferry (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Sandy and Beaver Canal (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Point of Beginning (approx. 0.9 miles away); Gateway To The Northwest Beginning Point of the U. S. Public Land Survey (approx. 0.9 miles away in Ohio); Land Ordinance of 1785 / The Seven Ranges (approx. 0.9 miles away in Ohio). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . .
1. Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation. Marker Program (Submitted on December 25, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. Virginia-Pennsylvania Boundary. Today there is no common border between Virginia and Pennsylvania - but between 1681 and 1863, the southwestern border of Pennsylvania was shared with Virginia. Exactly what territory was Virginia and what was Pennsylvania... well, that was a challenge that took about 100 years to resolve. (Submitted on January 9, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 25, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 536 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 25, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.