Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

East Dover Hundred

 
 
East Dover Hundred Marker image. Click for full size.
By Nate Davidson, December 29, 2011
1. East Dover Hundred Marker
Inscription. Originally part of St. Jones Hundred renamed Dover Hundred 1823, the boundaries being Little Creek on north and St. Jones Creek on south, extending from Delaware River to Maryland line. Dover Hundred was divided 1877 into two hundreds, called East Dover Hundred, and West Dover Hundred.
 
Erected 1969 by Delaware Archives Commission.
 
Location. 39° 7.384′ N, 75° 31.933′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Rt. 13 just north of Asbury Ave.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brecknock (approx. 0.2 miles away); Camden (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Camden (approx. 0.8 miles away); Morning Star Institutional Church of God in Christ, Inc. (approx. 0.9 miles away); Camden Friends Meeting (approx. one mile away); John Hunn (approx. one mile away); Site of Whatcoat Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Caesar Rodney School District (approx. 1.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Political Subdivisions
 
East Dover Hundred image. Click for full size.
By Nate Davidson, December 29, 2011
2. East Dover Hundred
Along Rt. 13, facing north towards Dover.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 29, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 522 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 29, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement