New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Bringier – Barnett House
erected in 1834
by Henry R. Denis, attorney
Owned by Michel Douradou Bringier
Owned by Edward Barnett,
notary – attorney
Remodeled and enlarged
by him in 1859
Elijah Cox, architect – builder
Erected 1969 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 57.761′ N, 90° 3.564′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Esplanade Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 606 Esplanade, New Orleans LA 70116, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Denis House (here, next to this marker); New Orleans and the Domestic Slave Trade (within shouting distance of this marker); Solomon Northup (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lamothe House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gauche House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dominique Bouligny House (about 500 feet away); Fauboug Marigny (about 600 feet away); Gallier House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 5, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 4, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 491 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 4, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.