Mariposa in Mariposa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1954 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, Mariposa Parlor No. 63, Californis State Park Commission. (Marker Number 518.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 28.866′ N, 120° 0.646′ W. Marker is in Mariposa, California, in Mariposa County. Marker is on State Highway 140 east of Yaqui Gulch Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4260 Highway 140, Mariposa CA 95338, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Agua Fria (a few steps from this marker); The Townsite of Agua Fria, California (approx. Mariposa Museum and History Center (approx. 2.3 miles away); Mariposa County Court House (approx. 2.4 miles away); a different marker also named Mariposa County Court House (approx. 2.4 miles away); A Shrine to Justice in California (approx. 2.4 miles away); Mariposa County Courthouse (approx. 2.4 miles away); Mariposa Independent Order Odd Fellows Hall (approx. 2.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mariposa.
Categories. • Government • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 571 times since then and 61 times this year. Last updated on January 12, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 23, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.