Central City in Gilpin County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Gregory Miners Court
First District Court in Colorado Territory
County Court House
1868 – 1900
Location. 39° 48.073′ N, 105° 30.785′ W. Marker is in Central City, Colorado, in Gilpin County. Marker is on Eureka Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 Eureka Street, Central City CO 80427, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Rose Haydee Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Ignatz Meyer Building (about 500 feet away); The AOUW Building (about 500 feet away); Central City Opera (about 600 feet away); Central City (about 700 feet away); Train Trestle (approx. one mile away); Birdís-eye view of Black Hawk (approx. one mile away); Fickís Carriage Shop (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Central City.
Regarding Washington Hall. “This is the oldest continuously used public building in the State of Colorado. It was built by Sheriff William Z. Cozens at the insistence of his wife, Mary York, who was tired of having “inmates” handcuffed to various pieces of furniture in their home. Mary,
Additional keywords. court house
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 21, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 483 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 21, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.