Huntingdon in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
and the adjoining properties
were given for the use
Library and Historical Society
of Huntingdon County
Miss Clara McMurtrie
1860 - 1952
Erected 1955 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 29.057′ N, 78° 0.628′ W. Marker is in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, in Huntingdon County. Marker is at the intersection of Penn Street (Pennsylvania Route 26) and 4th Street, on the right when traveling east on Penn Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 South 4th Street, Huntingdon PA 16652, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J. Simpson Africa (within shouting distance of this marker); David R. Porter (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Onojutta Juniata Achsinnink Standing Stone (about 500 feet away); Speer House (about 228 Penn Street (about 600 feet away); Huntingdon County (about 700 feet away); 222 Penn Street (about 700 feet away); War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Huntingdon.
Also see . . . Huntingdon County (PA) Historical Society. (Submitted on February 8, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 382 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 8, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.