Knox in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Knox School #5
formed in 1822. This school
was built in 1898, restored
by Kiwanis, & placed on the
National Register in 2005.
Erected 2011 by Friends of Thacher Park.
Location. 42° 39.631′ N, 74° 2.687′ W. Marker is in Knox, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Ketcham Road (County Route 256), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The schoolhouse building is owned by the People of the State of New York, and located on the lands of Thompson's Lake State Park. Marker is in this post office area: Knox NY 12107, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Ladder (approx. 1½ miles away); Tory Cave 1777 (approx. 1½ miles away); Thacher Point (approx. 1½ miles away); Anti-Rent Riots (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Tory Cave (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Indian Ladder Trail (approx. 1.8 miles away); Frederick Crounse (approx. 1.9 miles away); Jacob Van Aernam (approx. 2.1 miles away).
Regarding Knox School #5. The simple 20 feet by 24 feet rectangular frame structure which sits on a dry-laid stone foundation was constructed circa 1898.
Also see . . .
1. Knox School #5 Restoration. (Submitted on February 9, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
2. America's One Room Schoolhouse Center. (Submitted on February 9, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Ketchum Schoolhouse Ketchum School house Knox District Schoolhouse Knox District School house Daniel A. Driscoll Daniel Driscoll Dan Driscoll One Room Schoolhouse One Room School house One-Room Schoolhouse Oneroom Schoolhouse
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 9, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 561 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 9, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.