Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
1784 Tarrant County 1815
Organized Aug 5, 1850-Named for
—General Edward H. Tarrant —
Donated by Business Leaders of Fort Worth in grateful appreciation this marker is erected by the Gen. Edwards H. Tarrant Chapter & Tarrant County Historical Society under the Auspices of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812.
State of Texas
May 18, 1949
Erected 1949 by Gen. Edwards H. Tarrant Chapter & Tarrant County Historical Society under the Auspices of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. 32° 45.428′ N, 97° 19.992′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of West Weatherford Street (State Highway 347 Spur) and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on West Weatherford Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 W Weatherford St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Leonard Brothers Department Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Site of Camp Worth (about 400 feet away); Fort Worth (about 400 feet away); Site of the First Masonic Hall in Fort Worth (about 400 feet away); Tarrant County Criminal Courts Building (about 500 feet away); "The Stage Leaves From Here" (about 500 feet away); First School (about 600 feet away); Fort Worth's First Telephone Exchange (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Also see . . . Tarrant, Edward H. The Handbook of Texas Online, Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on February 13, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 414 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 11, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.