Tehachapi in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
B.M. Denison House & 1880's House
B.M.Denison House - Located on the northeast corner of "D" and Curry Streets, this house was constructed entirely from cedar wood in 1898 by B.M. Denison. He planted the first commercial Barlett Pear orchard along Curry Street.
1880s House - Located on the southeast corner of "D" and Curry Streets, this house was built in the late 1880s.
Erected by Tehachapi Heritage League. (Marker Number 6.)
Location. 35° 7.749′ N, 118° 26.972′ W. Marker is in Tehachapi, California, in Kern County. Marker is at the intersection of West D Street and South Curry Street on West D Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tehachapi CA 93561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Peery House (within shouting distance of this marker); Early High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Two 1890's Houses (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); McFarland House & Late 1880s House (about 400 feet away but has been reported missing); Errea House (about 400 feet away); Tehachapi Hospital August Weferling House (about 500 feet away); First Methodist & Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tehachapi.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 19, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 400 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 19, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.