Middletown in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
13 West Main Street
“The Lutheran Parsonage”
The Lutheran Parsonage and the two story "Lecture Hall Building" which was located to the front right of the parsonage and the little brick "Pastors Study" located behind the "Lecture Hall" were built in 1848 by the Lutheran congregation.
This building was the second parsonage, the first one being located on the south east corner at Washington and Jefferson Streets which was built in 1790.
The present structures served the congregation as it parsonage from 1848 until 1992 when it was sold to private ownership.
Location. 39° 26.639′ N, 77° 32.759′ W. Marker is in Middletown, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street / Old National Pike (Alternate U.S. 40) and Garage Drive, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street / Old National Pike. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13 West Main Street, Middletown MD 21769, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 31 West Main Street (a few steps from this marker); Main's Ice Cream Factory (a few steps from this marker); Clovinger House (within shouting Valley Savings Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); 8 West Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); The Coblentz-Long Building (within shouting distance of this marker); 29 West Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); The Arnett Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middletown.
More about this marker. A Frederick County Landmarks Foundation seal is above the marker.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 777 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.