Picatinny Arsenal in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Administration and Research Historic District
(circa 1880-1945), Chemistry Row
Erected 2011 by Lake Shore Industries, Inc.
Location. 40° 56.366′ N, 74° 33.789′ W. Marker is in Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Farley Avenue and Kibler Road, on the right when traveling west on Farley Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Picatinny Arsenal NJ 07806, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Middle Forge (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Administration and Research Historic District (about 700 feet away); The Cannon Gate (approx. 0.4 miles away); Walton Burial Ground (approx. 0.6 miles away); 600 Ordnance Testing Area Historic District (1928-1948) (approx. 0.9 miles away); Ford – Faesch Manor House - 1768 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Naval Commander's Home (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Babbit-Mathews House (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Picatinny Arsenal.
More about this marker. Historical Marker located on Federal property. Visitor Pass required from person of contact at Picatinny Arsenal to view historic marker(s). Marker is in this post office area: Picatinny Arsenal NJ 07806, United States of America.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Disasters • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2012, by Jason Huggan of Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 520 times since then and 33 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on March 1, 2012, by Jason Huggan of Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.