Middletown in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The brick manor house at 400 East Main Street was the original farm house built by Herman L. Routzahn in 1883. As noted in the pictures, the farm consisted of a two and a half story, seven room frame tenant house, bank barn, and wagon shed. Also on the property was a dairy house and other outbuildings.
Location. 39° 26.44′ N, 77° 32.103′ W. Marker is in Middletown, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker is on East Main Street / Old National Road (Alternate U.S. 40), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 East Main Street, Middletown MD 21769, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Charlie Keller (approx. half a mile away); Christ Reformed Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Middletown (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Arnett Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Coblentz-Long Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); 8 West Main Street (approx. Clovinger House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Main's Ice Cream Factory (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middletown.
More about this marker. To the left of the marker is a plate displaying photos of the tenant house and barn.
Additional keywords. "National Road" "Frederick County" Middletown
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,508 times since then and 165 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.