Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Worth's First Telephone Exchange
Erected 1981 by Southwest Bell-North "B" Service Community Action Team.
Location. 32° 45.333′ N, 97° 19.964′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of West 2nd Street and Houston Street (U.S. 287), on the right when traveling west on West 2nd Street. Touch for map. It is located to the far left of the entrance of the Worthington Renaissance Hotel. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Main Street, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Morris and Conn Buildings (within shouting distance of this marker); "The Stage Leaves From Here" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plaza Hotel Building (about 300 feet away); Gamblers & Gunfights (about 300 feet away); Grand Hotels Opera Houses & Theaters (about 600 feet away); 1784 Tarrant County 1815 (about 600 feet away); Leonard Brothers Department Store (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Categories. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.