Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sanford in Seminole County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

The E. E. Brady Livery Stable

Erected - 1890

 

113 South Palmetto Avenue

 
The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker image. Click for full size.
By AGS Media, December 30, 2011
1. The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker
Inscription. Built between 1890 and 1895, this small building originally housed a blacksmith and wagon shop. From 1910 to 1914, E.E. Brady ran a livery, feed, and sales barn here. By 1916 this building was serving as the Seminole County Jail. It later served as the County Health Department.

The original brick facade was altered in recent years. The shed roof across the front was removed and the deteriorating facade masked by stucco.

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places - 1976

 
Erected 1989 by the Sanford Historic Preservation Board.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Florida, Sanford Historic Preservation Board marker series.
 
Location. 28° 48.679′ N, 81° 15.949′ W. Marker is in Sanford, Florida, in Seminole County. Marker is on South Pametto Avenue south of East First Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is mounted on the building, facing the sidewalk. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 South Pametto Avenue, Sanford FL 32771, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Whalers Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Bishop Block
The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker image. Click for full size.
By AGS Media, December 30, 2011
2. The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker
(within shouting distance of this marker); The U.S. Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); The Peoples Bank Building and Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Sanford Herald Building (about 300 feet away); The Meisch Building (about 300 feet away); The Imperial Opera House (about 400 feet away); The Hill Hardware Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sanford.
 
Regarding The E. E. Brady Livery Stable. The former E. E. Brady Livery Stable building is not listed individually with the National Register of Historic Places. In the NRHP listing cited by the marker, the building is designated one of several Contributing Structures within the Sanford Commercial District, a National Historic District.


 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings
 
The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker image. Click for full size.
By AGS Media, December 30, 2011
3. The E. E. Brady Livery Stable Marker
The marker is seen mounted on the coral-colored stucco exterior, next to the door.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement