Near Grand Island in Hall County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Sinclair Tank Wagon, 1917
This horse drawn tank wagon was used by Sinclair Oil beginning in 1917. The tank had an amazing 300 gallons of fuel or gasoline that was delivered to farmers and homesteads for numerous uses. In comparison, today's transport trucks hold 7,000 to 12,000 gallons of fuel or gasoline.
Erected by Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer.
Location. 40° 49.881′ N, 98° 22.785′ W. Marker is near Grand Island, Nebraska, in Hall County. Marker is at the intersection of Bosselman Avenue and Wood River Road, on the right when traveling south on Bosselman Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at the Bosselman Travel Center (truck stop) one mile north of Interstate 80 Exit 312. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7483 Bosselman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Earth Lodge Design and Construction (approx. 3.5 miles away); The Pawnee: Prairie Town Builders, Pawnee History (approx. 3.5 miles away); Old California Overland Trail (approx. 3.5 miles away); Mormon Trail (approx. 3.6 miles away); a different marker also named The Mormon Trail Grand Island (approx. 4.5 miles away); The Purple Heart (approx. 4.5 miles away); La Grande Isle (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grand Island.
Also see . . .
1. Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer. (Submitted on March 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Harold Warp's Pioneer Village. (Submitted on March 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 536 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.