Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
public by former United States Senator
John L. Mitchell,
a native and public spirited citizen of Milwaukee.
Location. 43° 1.562′ N, 87° 56.538′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker can be reached from West Pierce Street east of South Layton Boulevard (Wisconsin Highway 57). Touch for map. Marker is located in Mitchell Park, near the park pavilion. Marker is at or near this postal address: 524 S Layton Blvd, Milwaukee WI 53204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jacques Vieau, in 1795 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Condenser House (approx. half a mile away); Power House (approx. half a mile away); Milwaukee Road Shops (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Machine Shop of the World (approx. 0.9 miles away); R. D. Whitehead Monument (approx. 0.9 miles away); Captain Frederick Pabst (approx. 0.9 miles away); Merrill Park (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . .
1. Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes). Milwaukee County Parks (Submitted on March 13, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
2. John Lendrum Mitchell (1842-1904). Dictionary of Wisconsin History, Wisconsin Historical Society (Submitted on March 13, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 372 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.