Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

St. Peterís Episcopal Church

 
 
St. Peterís Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Norman Frank, March 16, 2012
1. St. Peterís Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription. The Rt. Rev. Alexander Gregg, Bishop of the Diocese of Texas, officiated at the dedication of St. Peterís Episcopal Church in Rockport on November 30, 1871. Led by lay ministers for much of its early history, St. Peterís first was located at the corner of Live Oak and Wharf Streets near the railroad depot, where services often were halted due to the noise of arriving and departing trains. Relocated to this site in 1954, St. Peterís became a self-sustaining parish ten years later. It continues to serve the community with a variety of programs.
 
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5078.)
 
Location. 28° 1.589′ N, 97° 3.134′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker is at the intersection of East Mimosa Street and North Live Oak Street, on the left when traveling east on East Mimosa Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 412 N Live Oak St, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Aransas County (within shouting distance of this marker); Bracht House (about 300 feet away,
St. Peterís Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Norman Frank, March 16, 2012
2. St. Peterís Episcopal Church Marker
measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church of Rockport (about 500 feet away); Fulton-Bruhl House (about 700 feet away); Womanís Club of Aransas County Building (about 800 feet away); Rockportís Seafood Industry (about 800 feet away); Sacred Heart Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockport.
 
Also see . . .  St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Rockport, Texas. (Submitted on March 18, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2012. This page has been viewed 447 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on March 16, 2012.   2. submitted on March 16, 2012, by Norman Frank of Rockport, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement