Lamar in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Soldier in the Texas
War for Independence
at Goliad, 1835-1836
Erected 1963 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 1547.)
Location. 28° 8.588′ N, 96° 59.35′ W. Marker is in Lamar, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker can be reached from Hagy Drive 0.1 miles east of Charlotte Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The cemetery is opposite the Fire Station. The pink granite marker is laid flat on the far side of the John Fagan gravesite. Marker is at or near this postal address: 222 Hagy Drive, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lamar Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Stella Maris Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Town of Lamar (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mills Wharf (approx. 1.2 miles away); Site of One of the Homes of James Power (approx. 3.4 miles away); Aransas County Airport (approx. 5 miles away); Fulton Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); Fulton Packeries (approx. 6.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lamar.
Categories. • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 21, 2012. This page has been viewed 983 times since then and 50 times this year. Last updated on March 23, 2012. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 21, 2012. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.