Chippawa in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada
The Founding of Chippawa
Erected by Archaeological and Historic Sites Board, Department of Public Records and Archives of Ontario.
Location. 43° 3.556′ N, 79° 3.059′ W. Marker is in Chippawa, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Marker is at the intersection of Willoughby Drive and Bridgewater Street, on the left when traveling south on Willoughby Drive. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, in what used to be the village of Chippawa (but in 1970 became part of the City of Niagara Falls), in the village square, at
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Chippawa 1791 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Raid on Fort Schlosser 1813 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Church of the Holy Trinity (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Bridgewater Mills (approx. 1.7 kilometers away); The Destruction of The Caroline, 1837 (approx. 2 kilometers away); Niagara River Remedial Action Plan (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Stranded Scow (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Burch’s Mill (approx. 2.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chippawa.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 4, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 447 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 5, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.