Near Arcadia in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
George Washington Stopped Here
stopped here at an inn
where these stones
were in use
Erected 1930 by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 35° 58.289′ N, 80° 17.615′ W. Marker is near Arcadia, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker is at the intersection of Route 150 and Washington Drive, on the right when traveling south on Route 150. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clemmons NC 27012, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Friedberg Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Fraternity Church of the Brethren (approx. 4.8 miles away); Wachovia Tract (approx. 5.1 miles away); Philip and Johanna Hoehns (Hanes) House (approx. 5½ miles away); The "Hattie Butner" (approx. 6.1 miles away); McKnight's Meeting House (approx. 6.7 miles away); William Linville (approx. 6.8 miles away); William Johnson (approx. 6.8 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Patriots & Patriotism •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 393 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.