Taft in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Replica of Sutter’s Fort
—Erected in 1940 A.D. —
Federal Works Agency
Work Project Administration
County of Kern
Board of Supervisors
W.R. Woollomes -Chairman • C.W. Harty • Ralph Lavin • Stanley Abel • Charles Wimmer • Work Relief Department • H.R. Hubbard – Director • W. Francis Parsons – Architect
Erected 1940 by Kern Board of Supervisors, Grand Officers Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 35° 9.02′ N, 119° 27.926′ W. Marker is in Taft, California, in Kern County. Marker is on North 10th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 North 10th Street, Taft CA 93268, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. The Fort, Taft (here, next to this marker); History of Taft (approx. 0.8 miles away); Midway Cemetery - 25 Hill (approx. 1.4 miles away); West Kern Oil Museum (approx. 1˝ miles away); Lakeview Gusher No.1 (approx. 5˝ miles away); Maricopa's Jail (approx. 7 miles away); McKittrick Brea Pit (approx. 13.6 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 433 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on May 26, 2015, by Alan Price or Jayne Hotchkiss-Price of Caliente, California. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.