Clemmons in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Built a fort of huge logs at this place about 1757 to protect his family and neighbors from attack by the Indians
Erected 1956 by Descendants of William Johnson.
Location. 36° 0.22′ N, 80° 24.482′ W. Marker is in Clemmons, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker is at the intersection of Tanglewood Park Road and River Birch Creek, on the right when traveling south on Tanglewood Park Road. Touch for map. Located in Tanglewood Park, across from the Manor House. Marker is in this post office area: Clemmons NC 27012, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Linville (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fries Manufacturing and Power Co. (approx. 0.9 miles away); McKnight's Meeting House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Philip and Johanna Hoehns (Hanes) House (approx. 1.4 miles away); The "Hattie Butner" (approx. 1.9 miles away); Wachovia Tract (approx. 3.2 miles away); Fraternity Church of the Brethren (approx. 4 miles away); Cokesbury School (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clemmons.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.