Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
In This Burial Ground
the first public burial ground
in the City of Anderson, S.C.,
rest fifty or more persons
known only to God.
This plaque is in honor of
those unnamed persons who
lived and died as a part
of the Anderson community.
Location. 34° 30.233′ N, 82° 39.233′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Whitner Street and North Towers. Touch for map. The marker is located on the grounds of the First Presbyterian Church Cemetery, accessible via key during church hours. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 West Whitner Street, Anderson SC 29624, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Anderson Presbyterian Church Cemetery (here, next to this marker); First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Anderson County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson: "The Electric City" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson County Law Enforcement Officers Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Church Whitner Anderson County Court House -- 1898 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fant's Book Store -- 1851 (approx. ¼ mile away); Blue Ridge Railroad Passenger Station -- c. 1913 (approx. ¼ mile away); The Four Way Test (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 19, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 607 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 19, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.