Fort Wayne in Allen County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Journal Gazette Building
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 41° 4.819′ N, 85° 8.289′ W. Marker is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in Allen County. Marker is on South Clinton Street south of East Main Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Located to the right of the Clinton Street entrance of the Journal-Gazette Building in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Marker is at or near this postal address: 701 South Clinton Street, Fort Wayne IN 46802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Police Station (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mother George (about 700 feet away); The Canal House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pirogue Landing (approx. ¼ mile away); The Last Two American Forts/The Siege of 1812 (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Fort Wayne Well (approx. ¼ mile away); The Site of General Wayne's Fort (approx. ¼ mile away); Flood Retention Walls (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Wayne.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 527 times since then and 14 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 20, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of building. Sun prevented contributor from getting a good picture. • Can you help?