Cranford in Union County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1779 – 1780
troops of General Washington’s Army
were cantoned at
Here, General William Irvine
established headquarters of
the Forward Defense Line
January 1, 1780
Crane’s Ford Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1977 by Daughters of the American Revolution - Crane’s Ford Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 39.554′ N, 74° 18.15′ W. Marker is in Cranford, New Jersey, in Union County. Marker is on Riverside Drive west of N Union Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located in Sperry Park. Marker is in this post office area: Cranford NJ 07016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Crane Farm and Village Home Site ( about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Purple Heart Memorial ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Lest We Forget ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Roll of Honor ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles Abbott Harker, Jr. Site of Crane’s Ford ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Kenilworth Veterans Memorial ( approx. 1.4 miles away); Kenilworth 9/11 Memorial ( approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cranford.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 8, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 472 times since then and 32 times this year. Last updated on April 28, 2012, by Robert Wong of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 8, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.